Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Featured Piece

A featured piece from last year's book. Look again later in the week for a piece from this year!


Although I may not seem like much at all
By Brett Morrison

Although I may not seem like much at all
With my lonesome way and varied drawl
There is still a luster lit within
Though it's been dimmed, to my chagrin

I have thought these things for some time now
And I want you to know; but don't know how
To spell the words of my adoration
Whilst avoiding pain and misinterpretation

But now I'll spell it as clear as I am able
Because even when I feel unstable
When I think of you, everything is level
For your manner could even charm the devil

When you look at me with your eyes azure
Reality becomes so unsure
I could swear that I am lost at sea
A weary sailor with nowhere to be

When I gaze upon your sincere grin
I remember how long it has been
Since I have seen an expression so real
Or a person so full of zeal 

So I guess what I am trying to say
Before I get too carried away 
Is that I adore you in your every facet
Your charm lulls me so warm and tacit

So although I may not be much at all
Just a lonely boy who lacks in gall
Please my dear, try to understand
And allow me to extend my hand

No comments:

Post a Comment